ZZ Archive‎ > ‎

Earned Income Credit after 2010

NEW:  Effective after 2010, a recent tax law change eliminates advance EIC (payed through a taxpayer's employer). Taxpayers can no longer request advance EIC using Form W-5. This form will be obsolete after 2010. Volunteers may see advance EIC on Form W-2 for tax year 2010 but should explain to these taxpayers that advance EIC for subsequent years is no longer available. Taxpayers eligible for EIC after tax year 2010 will need to wait and claim EIC when that tax return is prepared.